Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Over paid housing benefit

(1 Post)
Roxied123 Sun 04-Sep-16 09:57:19

Hello everyone
So yesterday I received a letter from council saying i had been overpaid hb and that it was due to me not informing them about the child care changes! I have handed them in so many child tax and working tax letters and it states it on there what I pay how can they have got this so wrong! I work earn money my self and just feel gutted that this has happened any advice would be great as I have noticed on the award notice for council my income is always different for hb and council tax is that right or have they made the mistake? And on the letters it states that my tax credits have changed hmrc have informed them of a change to tax credits so again surely they would have seen that to? Really need advice please feel so lost x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now