Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Old debt

(4 Posts)
Ruth88 Wed 31-Aug-16 18:44:24

Hello all,

Just a quick 1. I got into some bad debt when i was about 21/22 and kept applying for credit until about the age 26ish. I'm now 28 I've paid everything off. I know a default lasts 6 years, my last account defaulted feb 2016, i currently have 2 defaulted accounts the other default oct 2013. I was just wondering if anyone knew the likelihood of getting a mortgage with a default so fresh thanks

TaIkinPeace Wed 31-Aug-16 22:14:15

You can only try - your credit history has lots of parts

Drowzeee Wed 31-Aug-16 22:21:47

Are the defaults satisfied? how come the last account only defaulted this year? How much are the defaults for?

To be honest i think you may struggle. How much deposit do you have? The bigger the deposit the better.

Bellebelle Wed 31-Aug-16 22:25:18

Probably best to use a mortgage broker, they'll know which lenders are most likely to offer you a mortgage with your credit history.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now