Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Do I pay him??

(2 Posts)
ktfs Sat 20-Aug-16 17:58:35

Help
Once again in a nut shell!!!
We have had a friend who is a builder come and do some ground work in our garden.... Has basically quoted us on the job and done 3/4 of it and is now asking for all of the money!!!! We have told him he's not finished so we've had to get someone else in to which he says' that's your problem- if you don't pay me it all in going to dump 16 tonne of s**t on your drive way!!'
What do I do???
He never answers the phone or replays to texts and now he wants money he's suddenly very vocal!!!
Nightmare!!

HerRoyalNotness Sat 20-Aug-16 18:01:37

Wow! He's not much of a friend his he? What were his reasons for not completing the work?

I don't know where You'd stand legally, but I wouldn't pay him a cent more and if he did actually dump shit on your drive, I'd be calling the police.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now