Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Cash only - how to get organised

(8 Posts)
Chattermummy Thu 11-Aug-16 13:09:00

DH and I are planning on going cash only to stop us spending money on stuff we don't need. Kids (and DH) need to learn that our bank account is not a bottomless pit and that they cannot get everything they want.

Have decided to use an envelope system as seems easy to organise and works well with my budget / spending tracking spreadsheet I love. However I have fallen at first hurdle, where can I get re-useable envelopes or small ish plastic wallets for this purpose? There are no stationary shops in any high street near me, supermarkets are rubbish and I can't find anything (ever) on a Google search. Well I found some at £25 for 2 which seems a huge expense.

Can anybody help?

RavioliOnToast Thu 11-Aug-16 13:13:17

I got mine from paper chase. Or wilkinson a have some j believe, the ones with a press stud

OhFuds Thu 11-Aug-16 13:15:48

Have you looked on Amazon?

I actually think I might steal your idea as I tend to use the cards without thinking then end up in my overdraft.

Chattermummy Thu 11-Aug-16 13:26:44

I can only find A4 ones on Amazon (I am rubbish at internet searching). Will check Wilkonsons thanks

Emily7708 Thu 11-Aug-16 13:36:16

I bought some cheap zip up pencil cases from eBay, I think they were 99p each with free postage and do the job perfectly well. If I stop doing the system I can just give them to the kids!

Whataboutwhathuh Thu 11-Aug-16 13:38:01

Snopake Zippa Bag S A5 225X190mm Pack Of 5 Files www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0050OI1TI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_tghRxbVSMWGM0

Chattermummy Thu 11-Aug-16 13:49:30

Brilliant idea - and good Amazon find

Thanks x

annielostit Thu 11-Aug-16 17:33:00

www.shopinc.co.uk/8-clear-exam-pencil-case/

You can get these in supermarkets too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now