Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

When to tell HMRC re childcare

(3 Posts)
Iloveapplepie Tue 09-Aug-16 20:40:15

So dd starts school second week of September. She is in childcare until then. Once she's started school then, am I right in thinking I have a month to confirm a change?

BaronessEllaSaturday Tue 09-Aug-16 20:44:49

You do have 30 days yes however if you do delay it for the 30 days you will have 30 days of an overpayment to repay.

mineofuselessinformation Tue 09-Aug-16 20:52:49

I'd also tell them now. Having to repay a lot, even when you have told them about a change in circumstance, is not fun (bitter voice of experience).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now