Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Mis-sold PPI with Egg banking years ago- would I still have a case?

(9 Posts)
Castasunder Mon 08-Aug-16 13:57:14

I think it was around 2003-2004. I had a card with them and (I think) a loan. I definitely remember the guy on the phone telling me it was compulsory to have PPI.
The trouble is I have no paperwork from that era and i can barely remember the address I had ( was just out of student life, 1st job, still moving around a lot before I got settled etc)

Do I have any chance? I remember the card debt being around 13k ( or maybe it was the loan) but either way it was hefty. I probably had it for around 3 years before I cleared it. They'd have had a fair chunk of my money anyway.

What do you think?

sportinguista Tue 09-Aug-16 13:54:48

I claimed from egg but I did still have my loan at the time. I think you might be able to claim, the card side was taken over by Barclays and the rest I think by Yorkshire Building Society. Maybe google it and see what comes up, or go on Moneysaving expert someone may know on there.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 09-Aug-16 15:44:46

Try it, for the price of a stamp you'll find out.

GinBunny Tue 09-Aug-16 15:50:50

How strange - I sent off my PPI claim form for Egg today!
If you want to PM me I can let you know the details of the people I am using. I'm doing it through a company because I don't remember any of the details and they assured me they could find out everything from name and address. It's 25% to them if successful but hey, that still leaves 75% to me!

vinhotinto Tue 09-Aug-16 15:51:30

Yes, it is now through Barclaycard, there is an online form you can fill in I think or print and send off

AlpacaLypse Tue 09-Aug-16 15:52:52

Money Saving Expert website will tell you exactly how to claim without paying a shyster lawyer 25% for the privilege!

Castasunder Tue 09-Aug-16 17:58:23

Oh thanks everyone! Gonna check this out now x

vinhotinto Tue 09-Aug-16 20:58:37

don't use a third party do it direct through Barclaycard, they have the info themselves

GinBunny Tue 09-Aug-16 23:06:29

Dammit, have already instructed solicitors to act on my behalf! Don't know why, I claimed against Barclays myself, just thought it would be easier as I didn't know my addresses etc either. But of course if the solicitors need more information they're going to ask me anyway. Ah well, you live and learn. Good luck OP, hope you get some money back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now