We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Benefits entitled to?

(6 Posts)
user1470080705 Mon 01-Aug-16 21:05:46

I am due next week, both me and my partner work and I am planning on taking 9 months off work, I am confused if and what we would be entitled to in terms of benefits like working tax credit, child benefit etc... Can anyone help?

CatsAndCocktails Mon 01-Aug-16 21:08:02

It depends what you each earn and whether you have any other children.

Zombiemama Mon 01-Aug-16 21:09:04

There is a benefit calculator online you just need to have last years earnings before tax

work out your earnings this tax year from april to end March 17 so x amount of actual wages then x amount of mat pay.

If you know how many weeks of mat pay you get between starting mat leave and end of march 17 they make an allowance for a certain amount of it.

user1470080705 Mon 01-Aug-16 21:20:44

Thank you, I prefer to speak to people do you know who I would call, it's hard to say exactly what I earn as in sales but normally its in the region of £40 to £50k and this includes a car allowance, my partner earns about £22k a year, my mat leave starts middle of August this year, I don't think we are entitled to much but think we would be entitled to something not sure who to speak to so we receive this ?

CatsAndCocktails Mon 01-Aug-16 21:21:34

I would say you are only entitled to Child Benefit but you could give the DWP a call and go through with them.

user1470080705 Mon 01-Aug-16 21:22:18

Will do thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now