We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

How much do you live on after bills are paid

(3 Posts)
Gaskin24 Sat 30-Jul-16 07:55:34

Hi everyone . I'm new to mums net and was wondering how much as a faily you have left to live on per month after bills are paid ?

The reason I ask is because we spend everything we have every month and sometimes dip into savings, and we don't have a lavish life style .

we are a family of 4 with a 2 year old and a 9 week old and after all bills are paid inc mortgage etc we have about £1k . We are on 1 wage as I'm on maternity leave at the moment . The £1k is to include petrol which is about £150 a month and food . We don't go out much but we do have a take away once a week. I spend about £100 a week at sainsburys but then we seem to top up in the week .
Any advice and budgeting tips would be great ? Xx

VioletBam Sat 30-Jul-16 07:56:41

Go to Aldi instead of Waitrose and you'll spend 50 instead of 100.

lovealatte Sat 30-Jul-16 08:01:28

Try to switch to own brands rather than branded stuff where possible. Loose fruit and veg instead of packaged or pre sliced. Aldi can be great - often sells wine beer and cider which is much cheaper and just as nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now