Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Any bank accounts for children out there (that can be opened online)?

(8 Posts)
CountryLovingGirl Fri 29-Jul-16 20:56:52

Hi,

I want to open a bank account for each of my children (ages are 12 and 8). Are there any out there that can be opened online as I struggle to get into town due to working hours?

MyDarlingWhatIfYouFly Fri 29-Jul-16 20:57:47

I opened a nationwide savings account for my 2 year old - all done online.

HarrietSchulenberg Fri 29-Jul-16 20:59:39

They usually have to see you to obtain signature, birth certificate etc to identify you.
I opened Halifax ones last year with a fairly painless hour in a branch.

HarrietSchulenberg Fri 29-Jul-16 21:00:30

X post. Wish I'd known about the online one last year.

llhj Fri 29-Jul-16 21:01:03

My understanding was that you always had to go into a branch for a children's account. Certainly I've not been able to find one online?

llhj Fri 29-Jul-16 21:01:51

My understanding was that you always had to go into a branch for a children's account. Certainly I've not been able to find one online?

llhj Fri 29-Jul-16 21:02:16

Meandyouandyouandme Mon 01-Aug-16 13:33:14

I opened the Santander mini 123 account for my DD online this year. Have to send some proof of identity for me and her I think, but it was all fairly easy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now