Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

tax credits renewal not yet finalised

(1 Post)
chubbylover78 Mon 25-Jul-16 21:46:28

I'm hoping someone can hep/advise as the tax credit office have been as useful as a chocolate teapot!.
I received my renewal pack on 26/4/2016 and renewed online the same day.
I called them at 8 weeks to find out why it was taking so long to finalise my claim and they said it could take up to 10 weeks.
I called at 10 weeks and they put a referal through and said it should be done by the end of the week.
I called again week 11 because nothing has been done and yet again they sent a referal and said I will be called within 3 weeks.
Tomorrow is the 3 week deadline and still nothing. When I call in told that they don't need anymore information off me and that it's only been partly captured due to them needing to get extra information!
I asked to make a complaint as it says on their website that a telephone complaint can be delt with quicker but they refused to take a complaint and told me I had to write one.
I know there is always a backlog but I'm one of the first to receive my pack and it's only ever taken a few weeks to get my award notice. I'm sure they've cocked something up but they are adamant that they don't need anything else from me and the deductions I made were "within parameters". Has anyone else had trouble with their renewal and what happened?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now