Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Really worried about Concentrix

(3 Posts)
MyLatestFuckUp Wed 20-Jul-16 20:50:24

I had a letter from Concentrix a few weeks ago stating that they had information that I may be cohabiting. I am definitely not cohabiting. Nobody has so much as had a cup of tea in my house since I moved in. I posted all my information to them today but it is due in on Sunday and even though I posted it special delivery I am worried they will say they haven't got it. I couldn't send it any earlier as I had to order lots of replacement bank statements and they took a few weeks to come ( a lot of my mail seems to be delivered to X Road instead of X Lane).

My tax credits are due for renewal at the end of July. I don't know whether to renew them while all this is hanging over me. I haven't claimed anything fraudulently but I am so scared they will decide against me. I haven't told my family I claim tax credits as they hate single parents and especially single parents on benefits.

I have been applying for loads of jobs but I have only just managed to increase my hours to above 16 hours per week so I don't really have the means to support us just on my wages. I don't know why I am posting this. I've got nobody in real life I could admit that I am on benefits to. I just think they are going to find against me and I will be in the local paper and my family will find out I am on benefits. I have done nothing wrong. I have only been claiming for a year - I left my husband and I just lived on my savings until they ran out, despite the fact that I would have been entitled to TC from the point I left him.

I know there are loads of big long threads about Concentrix but I'm not in the frame of mind to read them right now.

DragonsEggsAreAllMine Wed 20-Jul-16 22:26:22

If you have done nothing wrong then the check will go through fine.

It's likely your family have already figured out the benefit situation, sixteen hours won't cover the cost of a family.

MyLatestFuckUp Wed 20-Jul-16 22:46:43

My family don't know I only do just over 16 hours. I sit at the station so they don't find out. If they even found out I claimed child benefit they would be furious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now