Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Nationwide mortgage interview 3 hours?!?

(5 Posts)
trixymalixy Sat 09-Jul-16 09:58:15

DH and I have a mortgage interview with Nationwide next week. They've said it takes 3 hours?!

We got an agreement in principle over the phone which only took half an hour and went through all our outgoings.

What else can they ask us that will take 3 hours?!?! Has anyone been through this recently?

QuiteLikely5 Sat 09-Jul-16 09:59:41

It's your full application you'll be doing in branch, so it does take a while I'd say more like two hours though!

shushpenfold Sat 09-Jul-16 10:00:45

Nope - we didnt have an interview and had our mortgage agreed last year with them. Having said that, our mortgage advisor said they were incredibly difficult to deal with as they have about 4 different departments which deal with 1 mortgage (i.e. one for ID, one for banking proofs etc etc)

knaffedoff Sat 09-Jul-16 10:09:02

We remortgaged with our existing provider, borrowing exactly the same amount as our current mortgage balance and it took 2 phone calls = 2 + hours and we only borrowed 50k!!!!!!! 3hrs sounds about right tbh

Desmondo2016 Sat 09-Jul-16 11:29:27

I couldn't be more impressed with Nationwide. Admittedly we did it thru a broker (remortgage not house move). Full application submitted Monday, mortgage offer received Thursday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now