Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

House Vaulation

(3 Posts)
Marmight Fri 08-Jul-16 21:05:50

Hi
I am going to get proper legal advice but I thought it would be useful to understand peoples experiences who have been through this.

I split with my ex DP last year and he walked away. We are trying to agree an amount for me to buy him out or the jointly owned house.

He hasn't paid any of the mortgage since he left. However, the house has risen substantially since then and now. I think he should have the valuation as of the day of leaving. He wants the valuation as of now understandably.

Whats the normal valuation date in this situation?

We own the house as tenants in common in unequal shares. I also put in far more deposit and have paid for renovations and am being hammered in high interest payments as I cant remortgage until we agree.

TIA

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Fri 08-Jul-16 23:51:32

He should have his share based on the valuation now, minus his share of the missed mortgage payments.

It might not feel fair but I'm pretty sure that's what he's legally entitled to.

Have you seen a solicitor?

Marmight Sat 09-Jul-16 09:09:10

Thanks Unexpected.

I'm going to see a solicitor this week.

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now