Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Student loan statement

(8 Posts)
chocoshopoholic Thu 30-Jun-16 21:19:24

Just wondering if everyone else had had their student loan statement for 2016 yet? I seem to remember them being earlier than this in the past, but I've not had one.

Youfromthefuture Thu 30-Jun-16 21:42:37

Yes I had mine about a month ago.

It still doesn't seem to be going down at all.....!!

chocoshopoholic Fri 01-Jul-16 21:04:49

Thanks, I'll give them a call. Just wanted to check that all my previous employer deductions had been credited.

Usernamegone Sun 03-Jul-16 17:42:52

I haven't had my statement yet with my PAYE deductions taken from payroll from my employer. I've had one for the extra money they took via self assessment

SmiteTheeWithThunderbolts Tue 05-Jul-16 13:27:31

Definitely make sure you get a statement every year. About 3 years ago there was a problem with the tax office not passing on the payroll deductions - cue the SLC sending out letters saying "apparently you are no longer in work and didn't make any repayments last year". Took a few months to sort that out. Then the following year I didn't get a statement at all, until I contacted them to ask for it. And then when I was in my last 2 years of repayments, and they are supposed to contact you to offer switching to direct debit, I didn't hear a thing from them. Again I had to contact them to ask for the switch. Now counting down the months until I'm completely shot of them!

alltouchedout Tue 05-Jul-16 13:33:52

Mine arrived today. First one I've had in 5 years and I only got it because a couple of months ago I called them to ask what the heck was going on. They are very odd.

Sorka Sat 09-Jul-16 13:37:06

Dreadful company. They told me that the figures they had from HMRC showed I had repaid £0 in a tax year and I had to send them copies of P60s and payslips THREE times to get them to correct it. They then told me they owed me a repayment and after several months of trying to get them to balance their books, send my repayment and close my account I gave up and wrote my repayment off as lost.

This year, six years after I repaid my loan in full and had been told they owed me money, they sent me a demand for £80, apparently due to interest I 'owed' that they had been unable to calculate at the time.

Disgusting. A bank or building society would be severely reprimanded by the Financial Ombudsman for that kind of nonsense.

As the SLC are exempt from the statute of limitations I phoned them to pay in full and told them I wanted a letter confirming that my account was paid in full and for it to be closed and they couldn't even do that right.

cozietoesie Sat 09-Jul-16 14:42:19

Go to the ICO. The SLC have already blotted their copybook a number of times with them and if they're using inaccurate data on you..........grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now