Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tax credits

(2 Posts)
Lar4 Fri 24-Jun-16 16:17:50

Well any advice would be great thank you. I earned £2,600 last year (I finished work in september as I am a full time student and could no longer afford childcare after rent, bills car ect came out) so we have struggled. My partner earned £21,000 last year but has now been offered a new job (his dream job) but there is a problem, it only pays £16,000 a year for the first year (but the pay goes up the second year to more than he is on at his current job). we get £80 child benefit a month and our tax credits is £35 a month ! we do not no how we are going to go on, so if we were to ring tax credits would be entitled to more help to help us get by this year ? we are struggling so much, please no bashing this is my first post and would love to hear everyone's advice, thank you smile

justjuanmorebeer Tue 28-Jun-16 14:22:39

Yes I would think so as the child tax credit threshold for one child is 16k. You won't get working tax credits though I don't think unless you are also working at least 16 hours alongside your course. Call them to check though and ask them to use this years figures not last years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now