Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Cash back sites

(11 Posts)
Thingywhatsit Tue 21-Jun-16 15:18:14

Ok I just signed up do a cash back site - top one recommended on mse. Anyone gimme hints and tips? As I have no idea what I am doing!!!! Main online place I buy from is Amazon....

DarlingCoffee Wed 22-Jun-16 06:48:38

Just do whatever online shopping you would do normally but go onto the cash back site you use before hand and click through to the retailer you want before you shop. I also always get all my insurance quotes through companies via the cash back websites as you can often get ££ this way.

smilingeyes11 Wed 22-Jun-16 08:47:56

clear your cookies is rule number one

And never buy from a site like Go Compare as they make potloads - do your research then buy through the cashback sites instead. I use either Quidco or Topcashback.

specialsubject Thu 23-Jun-16 22:53:52

Just did an insurance quote through the comparison sites, then repeated on the cashback site.

Not totally surprised to find that it would have cost more to go through the cashback site, even after the cashback. Oh well.

19lottie82 Sun 26-Jun-16 17:13:40

I've been using cash back sites for years, but they're not so great for car insurance anymore. Quidco has their own comparison site not, and you can get CB through that but the prices were a lot higher then CTM or confused, even with the CB, so not worth it.

I find it good for booking hotels through third party sites as you can get up to 10% back.

olympicfan Sun 26-Jun-16 20:06:07

Yes hotel sites give good cashback. Other sites like M and S you might get 2% so buying £30 worth of school gear gives you 60p... but every little helps as they say!

AndNowItsSeven Sun 26-Jun-16 20:08:15

You can't get cash back through Amazon except on specific items on rare occasions.

Madbengalmum Sun 26-Jun-16 20:10:32

Very rare for cashback on amazon, but quidco have offers occasionally for specific departments.
Recommend quidco.

LunaLoveg00d Sun 26-Jun-16 20:12:02

Yes we use Quidco too - the best amounts are for buying things like insurance or taking out a new credit card, but you will even get 1% or 2% back on retailers like George at Asda or Pizza Hut. In essence, whatever you are going to buy online, check to see if cashback is on offer first.

lovelyupnorth Mon 27-Jun-16 09:23:39

Also insurance, broadband and banks.

scarlets Mon 27-Jun-16 16:58:06

Quidco are good. Efficient. My best windfall was £60 on Aviva car insurance. I did a price comparison elsewhere then bought it through Quidco.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now