Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Just received large tax credit payment

(4 Posts)
motheroreily Sat 18-Jun-16 10:10:39

I just checked my bank balance because I was worried I was over my over draft and to my shock I wasn't. Because I've just had a tax
Credit payment for about three times the amount I usually get.

Could this be something to
Do with returning my self assessment? I'm irrationally worried I accidentally wrote my salary wrong put a 1 instead of a 2 and will go to prison!

I earn about the national average and I only have one child. I pay about £100 a week childcare.

everythingsgoingsouth Sat 18-Jun-16 10:26:18

just ring them and check? don't worry about getting in trouble-you are informing them asap that it might not be right. if you don't contact them and you've made a mistake it might be more difficult to explain....

motheroreily Sat 18-Jun-16 11:37:00

Thank you I just called them. It was correct Id been underpaid over the past year - im not surprised my salary has gone up and down a few times and my childcare costs changed too.

Glad I called im reassured thank you

everythingsgoingsouth Sat 18-Jun-16 13:56:42

oh am pleased for you! let's hope you never need that overdraught again smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now