Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Wtc/self employment

(4 Posts)
Iamaslummymummy Thu 16-Jun-16 18:08:30

We have been in receipt of wtc as my husband was employed 30hrs pw and I am on esa/PIP. We have a son who is on dla.

Now dh isn't doing that job anymore, it finished 19/5 when he put in a claim for carers allowance. Currently in four r week run on of wtc.

He is starting self employment with a unpaid training course running 25/7-2/9. He will be earning from then on. And then won't claim carers allowance as will be above the threshold for payment.

Can he claim wtc from 25/7 or does he need to wait until 3/9 when he is actually earning? I'm confused with the changes to the wtc with eligibility needing to meet nmw.

Thanks in advance

Iamaslummymummy Fri 17-Jun-16 11:45:10

Anyone?

Tiggeryoubastard Fri 17-Jun-16 11:47:40

I'm sure it's when he actually starts the employment, the course wouldn't count I don't think. Good luck with his self employment.

Iamaslummymummy Fri 17-Jun-16 16:26:41

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now