Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Payment from child tax credits

(4 Posts)
Lauralouiseevans93 Wed 15-Jun-16 13:38:19

Hello, please someone help me!!!

I renewed my tax credits 3 weeks ago, last week I got a lump sum payment of £704.20 from CHILD TAX CREDIT. (On bank statement) I've contacted them and they have no record of this?? What is happening, they don't hand money out willy nilly so it must be for something !!! Anyone 😩

Fairylea Wed 15-Jun-16 13:40:41

Usually if you get a lump payment like that it is because of the renewal meaning you didn't get paid enough tax credits last year and they have paid you the difference. One year we had a payment of £1200!

I would ring them again and hope you speak to someone else, someone must know what it is.

Lauralouiseevans93 Wed 15-Jun-16 13:57:54

That's exactly my thoughts. Since claiming tax credit back in 2014 they have had our income wrong every single year (even though I rang up to change it) they never changed it!!! So we always earnt less then they had so I have a feeling it's from under payments I'm just panicking a little bit with that advisor saying there is no history of it.

wow23 Wed 15-Jun-16 16:12:07

I had an amount like that a couple of years ago and it was because i had been underpaid the previous year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now