Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Ccj advice

(10 Posts)
Pocketrocket31 Fri 10-Jun-16 21:47:42

I got a loan in 2007, a ccj in September 2010, paid it off in June 2015.

I though this would disappear from my credit file in September this year, but on my credit file the loan is still there. With red dots (in arrears) until June 2015. Then it say UC. Does this mean the late payments have got another 5 years on my credit file?

Thanks

Buckinbronco Fri 10-Jun-16 21:50:36

I don't think this is right- you need to phone the credit agencies for advice (if you haven't already, you'll have to join and pay) the loan and CCJ should now be seperate - the loan is defaulted and over and you have been paying off the CCJ. I think That's right.

It's all moveable on your credit file. Talk to them, investigate your rights (maybe speak to the court too?) and then demand they get it right. It can be changed

TheDailyMailareabunchofcunts Fri 10-Jun-16 21:56:07

I thought it was 6 years from the date of the judgement

TheDailyMailareabunchofcunts Fri 10-Jun-16 21:56:51

And it all should go in September

Pocketrocket31 Fri 10-Jun-16 21:58:45

That's what I thought too, but the late payments are only a year old :/

I've disputed it with credit ref agency, shall see what they come back with

TheDailyMailareabunchofcunts Fri 10-Jun-16 22:02:39

Make sure the credit ref know that you have paid off the judgement - I assume you have some paper evidence for this? When they know is been satisfied and it's over 6 years I'm almost certain that it won't be on your credit report from Sept

Pocketrocket31 Fri 10-Jun-16 22:11:31

Yes I have paper work, but it's only been satisfied a year, does that mean I have 5 years left?

simplydivine05 Sun 12-Jun-16 09:03:53

The ccj will disappear six years after the judgement whether satisfied or not. If you have late payments after that point they will stay on there for six years after settlement.

cutefluffyunicorn Wed 15-Jun-16 09:59:44

I suspect that despite having a ccj they never actually defaulted the loan and have been marking it as late payments instead? If that is the case then yes that information will remain until it drops off in 5/6 years.
HOWEVER it was really quite naughty of them to NOT default your loan, because if they had then the account would have disappeared from your credit file all together after 6 years from the date of the default. You have a fairly strong argument to state they should have defaulted it in view of the fact they pursued a CCJ against you. I suggest posting in the credit file section of moneysavingexpert and asking for advice.
We are currently pursuing a case with the financial ombudsman about a similar situation and I got some really good advice on there.

cutefluffyunicorn Wed 15-Jun-16 10:03:01

just to clarify a CCJ and a default are 2 separate things. It IS possible to have a CCJ without the account being defaulted, although there is an argument this is bad practice. The CCJ WILL come off your credit file after 6 years, but if the account was never defaulted the late payments remain visible for 6 years from the last late payment recorded.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now