Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Investigated by concentrix

(6 Posts)
Cazlopez Tue 07-Jun-16 15:19:44

Hi there
Wonder if anyone can give advice. I was investigated by tax credits last year as I have a friend living with me, which they were fine with. They stopped the payments in August last year as my son is now 17.
I received a letter from concentrix this week and being investigated again, even though I no longer get tax credits. I am so angry at having to go through all the time and expense of gathering sensitive information again.
I'm wondering if I ignore it, would they do anything. They have threatened to stop payments which isn't a concern to me as I don't get them.

Gingermum Wed 08-Jun-16 14:08:00

I'm in exactly the same position as you - I no longer receive ctc and rang them up to inform them of this several months ago, so any threats to cut my ctc mean nowt.

But I don't think it's a good idea to ignore the letter as I think they get paid on 'results' so what I'm going to do is phone them and explain. Hopefully they might decide that it's not worth their while me sending all that info through again, when they can't threaten to cut my payments.

Good luck!

Maisi Sun 12-Jun-16 00:12:17

They could try to re-claim your previous years tax credits - see my post on "So bloody irritating...

Cazlopez Sun 12-Jun-16 09:09:58

Thanks, I've just sent a letter explaining I no longer receive tax credits and a copy of the letter I sent last year. Wish I still had the letter they sent me back, but I shred everything.

Maisi Sun 12-Jun-16 10:11:49

Please all sign this petition to stop this dishonest and threatening practice by Concentrix and HMRC: Search for Concentrix on Change.org: Letter to Jon Thompson CEO of HMRC

Gingermum Fri 17-Jun-16 14:38:36

Caz you've done the right thing on writing to them - keep a paper trail. I've heard on other websites that phoning them tends to result in them saying the 'system is down' and anyway despite recording calls for 'quality and training' blah - it's just a better idea to write. They are under huge pressure to sign off on something like three cases per hour and one anonymous source said that they don't have time or training to check and she estimated they get about 'six out of ten wrong'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now