Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Energy company taken £1060 out my account!!

(4 Posts)
Lc22 Wed 25-May-16 12:19:04

Are they even allowed to do this?? I'm fuming!! Made me overdrawn resulting in my card declining on Internet shopping I was expecting - didn't realise till 2yo and 3yo tucked in bed, home alone as DH abroad with work so couldn't pop out to shop to get milk and dog food - poor dogs got weetabix with water for their dinner - would have called at shop on way home from work had I realised! And no milk for the morning - my 2yo looses his shit if he doesn't get his milk 1st thing! So cross with energy company for making me be in this situation!! Surely they can't do this??angry

dementedpixie Wed 25-May-16 18:53:18

Is it direct debit? Call the bank and get it recalled as you weren't advised it would be taken. Quote the direct debit guarantee when you call

Lc22 Wed 25-May-16 21:04:23

The bank gave me an indemnity claim - i just can't believe they're allowed to take that much money - surely a grand out of anyone's account is morally wrong??

IceMaiden73 Wed 25-May-16 22:29:37

What does it relate too?

Have you received a bill?

Have you called them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now