Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Deed of Power of Attorney for purchasing a property?

(1 Post)
Nomad10 Sun 15-May-16 12:38:58

Hi there,
Has anyone purchased a property where the solicitors have sent them a Deed of Power of Attorney? I looked it up and it appears for overseas lawyers but I'm buying in the UK.

It's supposed to be for the stamp duty - Land Transaction Return Form of self certification form SDLT60 - but why would they need access to my bank accounts?
Maybe it's standard - so don't know why I can't find more about it - apart from this solicitors... Any advice/clarification would be really appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now