Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.


(5 Posts)
ambitiousbut Fri 13-May-16 18:55:32

My ex won't pay the recommended maintenance allowance and says he will quit his job if I go to a child maintenance agency. He currently pays less than half. What would you do? Would you accept what he is giving you or risk having even less?

ThatsMyStapler Fri 13-May-16 19:00:45

I still go to the CMA (or what ever its called)

What a low life he is

Fourormore Fri 13-May-16 19:02:10

I would still go to the CMS as well. Has he said in writing (text/email) he'll quit his job? I'm fairly sure they can enforce payment if he quits to avoid paying.
He'd also be stupid to - how would he pay his bills without a job?

ambitiousbut Fri 13-May-16 19:14:25

No it was verbal. I can imagine him quitting his job as he can be quite impulsive. Thanks

CremeEggThief Sun 15-May-16 12:00:19

CMS definitely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now