Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

I have a tax credits / Childcare vouchers question

(3 Posts)
FrazzleRock Thu 12-May-16 13:38:15

I do realise this might be a very very silly question...

I have just found out that I am no longer entitled to childcare tax credits because my partner has moved in with us and, with his income, we now earn too much as a couple. Never mind the fact that he has no financial responsibilty for my children. I am the one who pays for their childcare, but now I get nothing. I'm a bit fucked basically! I've gone drastically overdrawn paying for childcare on my own since I told them I am now co-habiting, thinking I will be backdated when they start my claim again. I wasn't expecting them to stop altogether!

So, I was thinking, seeing as the government think he should now pay towards childcare for my children, would he be entitled to childcare vouchers? I know I would be, but can we both claim?

Kanga59 Thu 12-May-16 15:49:54

Yes he can get childcare vouchers through his employer

Babyroobs Thu 12-May-16 16:53:59

If you are now a family unit then I imagine you both can claim them or could your child's biological dad claim them and help towards childcare costs? I assume you get child maintainence also?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now