Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Partner working away for 6 months

(4 Posts)
MotherofTwo6 Wed 04-May-16 19:20:23

Hello, I'm currently in a situation...
I'm a full-student as well as working part-time & my partner also works full-time.
My partner has been offered a new job where he will be staying away for 26 weeks and I will only see him once a week, if that depending on work arrangements.

Can some please explain to me what the council would class this living situation as please?

ButtonsAndBows Wed 04-May-16 19:21:32

What is it for? Housing or finances? For tax credits and things like that you are still a couple ...

ChicRock Wed 04-May-16 19:23:32

I would think it'd be classed as living together, with your partner temporarily working away, much like the partners of those in the army for example.

QuiteLikely5 Wed 04-May-16 19:26:49

Plenty people would claim as single under those circumstances BUT if you have a joint bank account and has all of his debts registered to your address you will get busted do make sure all is above board.

If you need further clarification then google and see hmrc/CABs advice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now