Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Concentrix

(36 Posts)
Twistedheartache Tue 03-May-16 16:01:56

Hi
Hope someone can help. I've had a letter through from Concentrix asking for all childcare cost details.
Overall it's £105 per week actual vs. estimated £110 per week estimated essentially due to twat of ex not cancelling childcare vouchers quickly enough so

However - I didn't call hmrc and update details during the year. (DD1 finishing nursery/starting school, Dd2 starting nursery)
Am I gonna be in trouble??
Obviously happy to pay back anything that's overcharged, although my income was lower than py too.
Any experts about?

Oncandystripedlegs Thu 12-May-16 19:10:16

Hi, I am in a similar situation . My average child care tax credits across the year work out just about ( About £200 overpaid probably) but I think I didn't tell them all the changes as soon as they happened . My income also is lower than I told them . Sent my stuff today so waiting to hear . Do they just look at the total childcare costs for the year?

youknowwhattodo Tue 17-May-16 20:03:01

Have you heard back from concentrix yet? Im still waiting

Oncandystripedlegs Wed 18-May-16 11:23:55

I posted my stuff last week, I think it will be a while before I hear back from them, judging by other threads.

youknowwhattodo Wed 18-May-16 11:26:10

Sent mine last week but on the letter it says to ring after 15 days and they should have a decision.

I think i will try and call them next week. I have read a few threads about then not receiving the post even though it was signed for

Oncandystripedlegs Wed 25-May-16 14:09:50

Has anyone had any news yet? I will give them a call next week I think .

Twistedheartache Wed 25-May-16 14:25:44

I only sent mine off last week in the end so not expecting to hear any time soon. Thought it was 6-8 weeks but 15 days is better if it's good news.
I did check royal mail website to make sure it had been signed for.
I'd like to hope that there would be some pragmatism and logic and they would take the full costs for the full year & just look at the big picture but I read somewhere that they are "results" based with results being reducing amounts paid out so not hopeful.

youknowwhattodo Wed 25-May-16 15:25:14

Sent mine off 16 days ago. Called them last week said they only
Reveived that day, even though it was signed for the next day. Still waiting to hear

Overtiredbackagain Wed 25-May-16 20:15:23

Mine was signed for last Monday, info scanned on Friday, so just waiting now. Hate it!

youknowwhattodo Wed 25-May-16 20:20:49

I know i hate waiting, i think i am going to have an over payment but not sure so i would rather know

Philoshite Wed 25-May-16 20:29:35

Hi..I too am worried sick. I got the free funding for 2 year olds last year Sept time but in the notes on renewal pack it says not to include that in your figures. So I didnt inform them..Now in the letter from concentrix its looking like I should have told them and I'll have been over paid.. feel so angry at myself and worried I'll be fined

youknowwhattodo Wed 25-May-16 20:34:59

Philoshite have you sent your forms back to concentrix?

Philoshite Wed 25-May-16 20:41:36

No not yet.. I was gonna ring and just hold my hands up to being an incompetent arse and see what they saysad

youknowwhattodo Thu 26-May-16 13:02:26

Any one know, if when concentrix send your documents back is it signed for?

Twistedheartache Thu 26-May-16 13:08:18

No idea but given that mine has 12 months bank statements in there I hope so.
Also if I have to pay £7 postage they should too!

youknowwhattodo Thu 26-May-16 13:58:14

Just phoned them - systems down! But they said they do send original documents back signed for. If photocopies they destroy them.

Philoshite Thu 26-May-16 14:04:54

I tried calling today and they said systems down til 4 so call back then. Ds is ill though so will have to be tomorrow now.. am so stressed! !

youknowwhattodo Thu 26-May-16 14:08:29

I know it is very stressful. They take so long to make a decision. I just want to know if i have an overpayment. sad

Oncandystripedlegs Thu 26-May-16 17:48:29

I have a missed delivery card today , something that needs signing for, so am guessing it is my documents

youknowwhattodo Thu 26-May-16 17:51:47

Oncandy i have had one through the post today too and this is the only thing i can think that it could be

Oncandystripedlegs Thu 26-May-16 17:56:14

That's good to know , it has made me all nervous again but it must be the documents ! Won't be able to pick up till Tuesday

youknowwhattodo Thu 26-May-16 18:02:59

I know im the same but i am going to try and pick up in my dinner hour tomorrow. Ill let you know if thats what it is

Philoshite Thu 26-May-16 18:24:46

Just tried again and still systems down. So will call tomorrow and another sleepless night

alltouchedout Thu 26-May-16 18:31:42

My childcare was recently checked by concentrix. I sent them all the info in mid January, had originals back at the end of February and had heard nothing else do called for an update in early May. They said they'd completed their check and closed the case with no changes (even though there was a difference of approx £10 a week between the estimated and actual, due to me not realising my cm charged half fee not full over the Xmas hols) in April. They said they'd written to me saying so but I never got that letter.

MyFirstMyLastMyEverythingBagel Thu 26-May-16 18:34:20

That will be fine - changes aren't made to childcare unless the change is more than £10 hth smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now