Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

tax credit renewal red line

(14 Posts)
youknowwhattodo Wed 27-Apr-16 20:37:12

Hi,
Received renewal today. It has a red line on When i phoned to renew they asked if renewal had red line and and than gave me a new number. When i rang this number it said something about concertex - i recognise this from a previous thread on here. Although when i spoke to someone they took details and said it will take up to 10 weeks. Does this mean i will have to send documents off etc. Dreading it after reading sole threads on here about it

youknowwhattodo Wed 27-Apr-16 21:07:07

Bump

Babyroobs Wed 27-Apr-16 23:55:00

If it is concentrix then i think they are the company which do checks such as if they suspect you are claiming wrongly or if they want to check details of your childcare costs. You may need to send evidence to them if they request it.

youknowwhattodo Thu 28-Apr-16 06:20:27

Thanks

Twistedheartache Tue 03-May-16 15:28:24

Mine has a red line & I've just had a letter through from Concentrix wanting details of all my childcare costs.

youknowwhattodo Tue 03-May-16 15:49:28

Thanks twisted. I an expecting a letter from them but not received any thing yet and had my renewal a couple of weeks ago. When did you receive your renewal

Twistedheartache Tue 03-May-16 16:08:27

Before the letter from them by about 10 days I think

youknowwhattodo Tue 03-May-16 16:13:31

Thanks for that. Did you renew by phone - i did and then had a text to say it could take 8 weeks. I think mine might be because my hours at work dropped half way through last year but i did let them know and had an amended review.

Twistedheartache Tue 03-May-16 16:24:12

I called to renew because my average childcare is slightly less than estimated (except I've screwed up and not contacted them about swapover between DD1 & 2) and they've take my updated salary details but couldn't change childcare with hmrc directly (showing as 0 now) because it's in query by concentrix.
I'm fortunate in that I'm not expecting anything in 16/17 now that I'm back at work so if they stop the payments it's ok, but I suspect they've cancelled my payments.

youknowwhattodo Tue 03-May-16 16:34:43

My childcare is £9 less a week then estimated but when i told then when i was renewing they said they don't need to know unless it is £10 a week or more. When i rang to renew i was given concentrix number, rang them and they said to fill forms in and send back. I then rang hmrc back and they renewed over phone. So confused by it!

Twistedheartache Tue 03-May-16 16:42:39

I haven't bothered ringing concentrix - figured I might as well just send them the info requested.
I hope the £10 limit applies in my case too.
Rookie error...
Just the hassle of finding all the info to send. I hate forms!

youknowwhattodo Tue 03-May-16 16:55:13

Yes that £10 rule should apply to you also. I know dreading the letter and the hassle of getting everything. Im hoping i dont get it now as ive had the text from hmrc saying only 8 weeks to process. We will see.

Twistedheartache Tue 03-May-16 19:07:05

Hopefully not. Fingers crossed for you
Pita as it is I actually sort of think it's right that I got a letter essentially as DD1 got to statutory school age. Makes me think their system actually has controls in it. Annoyed with myself for not reporting change and avoiding the problem though

youknowwhattodo Thu 05-May-16 10:25:05

Had my letter today checking my childcare.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now