Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

unauthorised subscription taken from Paypal since 2014!

(6 Posts)
ooharmehearties Tue 26-Apr-16 16:07:35

Hi there, hope am in the right place. So a couple of years ago I was on a site that you signed up for free, then it emailed me to say I had messages and to read them I could sign up for one month. It gave options for longer but it definitely made it look like it was a one off payment. So I did, the site was rubbish so didn't bother again with it.
Now I know I am stupid not to check my PayPal outgoings for so long, but tbh I barely use it . By chance I noticed yesterday a payment had gone out I didn't recognise- and then checked and it had gone out once a month since Nov 2014!
I cancelled, then contacted site saying I had chosen just one month but they denied it and said it was a renewable automatic subscription. The site has since been redesigned and they directed me to their terms and conditions. A link to end auto subscriptions did not work. But all that wasn't there on the old design.
So they've had about £350 out of me that I have not had any service for, and they are refusing to reimburse me.( in a rather smirky email which fuelled my annoyance)
Do I have any recourse for action?
Thanks for getting to the end!

ooharmehearties Tue 26-Apr-16 16:08:11

Oops, sorry about double post

ooharmehearties Tue 26-Apr-16 16:24:21

Oh weird, double post has evaporated

CandyFlossBrain Tue 26-Apr-16 16:50:45

I empathize, I'm not great at keeping an eye on my bank account either and some little shit got a free XBox Live subscription out of me for about 6 months. XBox were extremely unhelpful and it wasn't even my sub, someone hacked my details!

I don't end up in Legal often, but if you get no joy here, try the MoneySavingExpert forum. I hope you get your money back!

ooharmehearties Tue 26-Apr-16 17:16:20

Thanks!

ooharmehearties Tue 26-Apr-16 17:16:30

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now