Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.


(3 Posts)
paulasawyer Tue 26-Apr-16 11:15:37


anyone here that can help...
I received SMP last year, through my own company, that I am a director of. When i login now to my online account, it shows the 'amount owing to HMRC' as a negative amount, am i due a rebate? I wouldn't have earned over the threshold, but i would've done the year before last.

Thanks in advance all!

IceMaiden73 Sat 30-Apr-16 11:46:58

When you log in to what online account? Are you writing as the company, i.e the PAYE account, or as an individual, i.e your self assessment account?

Badbadbunny Sun 01-May-16 12:01:54

Check back to your payroll records - they'll show how much is due to/from HMRC and why, then you can check that they tally against HMRC's online figures. HMRC's figures will come straight from whatever payroll submissions you've made to them, nowhere else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now