Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Home insurance claim

(3 Posts)
Assumptaann Tue 12-Apr-16 14:53:50

Hi, to cut a long story short. I dropped my iPhone down the loo last week and have tried several things to revive it, but to no avail. I don't have separate phone insurance, stupidly! My question is, should I claim from my house insurance as this will mean I lose my no claims discount, or pay out for a new phone, probably £600/700 and keep my no claims discount on my home insurance. I have checked if I am insured though my bank etc, but I'm not. I am giving the phone until Friday to see if it dries out as it will have been over a week, and then I need to take action one way or another. Can someone please offer my advice. Thank you

MorticiaLiverish Tue 12-Apr-16 15:40:14

Have you checked your insurance policy to make sure you are covered? Mine specifically states that phones that have been subject to water damage are not covered.

TootToot21 Wed 13-Apr-16 11:05:25

I've done this sooo many times, I've finally got specific insurance! Do you know what your excess is on your home policy? It might not be worth it to claim if the excess is quite high (like £500). Apple insurance is usually the fastest way to get your phone back smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now