Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Life insurance

(2 Posts)
Lexipedia Sun 10-Apr-16 17:20:07

Hi,

I have a life insurance policy to cover my mortgage - decreasing value over the term of the mortgage. Recently I've started thinking that Id like to leave my three DCs something else if I die young. Would another life insurance policy be a good idea? I was thinking one which doesn't decrease I already, so say a policy for £150k, to be paid to my children. Or would I be better off putting the money Id have used to pay for it in another type of investment? A rough online quote for that came to about £15 a month, which isn't a huge amount of money to invest elsewhere.

I'm useless at financial stuff, but amazingly have managed to stay out of debt so far. So hopefully there'd be something for them anyway, but I'd just like to give as much as possible. Life's expensive and getting more so.

DadDadDad Mon 11-Apr-16 14:19:02

You may find this recent thread helpful. At the very least, in my reply there I point to the MSE website that is very helpful with the basics (and how to find the cheapest deals).

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/legal_money_matters/2608821-Choosing-a-life-insurance-policy-critical-illness-policy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now