Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Pension credit and careers allowance...can anyone help

(6 Posts)
Dowser Sat 09-Apr-16 15:21:02

My aunt gets state pension, pension credit and attendance allowance. She's 95. She lives in a an apartment block with care. She gets carers 4 times a day and she contributes to that care and heating and other bills from her allowances.

She needs extra care. My cousin has to go in and feed her and food shop and tidy up for her .For that she claims the £62 a week cares allowance.

She tells me that the dwp have reduced my aunts allowance by £62 a week to give to my cousin as carers allowance .

Does this sound correct.

Without that £62 a week my aunt is struggling.

AndNowItsSeven Sat 09-Apr-16 23:27:02

Yes your cousin should not have claimed the carers allowance without checking if your aunt was receiving the disability element of pension credit.

Dowser Sun 10-Apr-16 11:24:43

Thanks seven. It wouldn't have occurred to her and would that be £62 a week same as CA ?

AndNowItsSeven Sun 10-Apr-16 16:04:25

Yes , it does say an the application form/online that's it's important to check.

AndNowItsSeven Sun 10-Apr-16 16:04:29

On

AndNowItsSeven Sun 10-Apr-16 16:07:22

See photo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now