Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tax credits letters coming for unknown person

(1 Post)

Hi, I've lived in the same close for 11 years, in a smaller house until 2014 until we moved to current house so I knew the previous residents here quite well and they were here long before I moved here in 2005.

Been in current house just over a year and have recently been getting tax credits letters for a man I've never heard of.
I know there is another address the same as mine in the same city ( very different postcode ) as we sometimes receive the odd piece of mail and forward on.
This name does not ring a bell at all.

Stupidly I opened the first letter and it is from tax credits stating employer details/tax code/earnings/ national insurance number etc.

I haven't opened any more.
What should I do? Contact HMRC? It could be a perfectly innocent mistake but seems unlikely.
Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now