Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

car insurance cock up - help!

(2 Posts)
MrsBlimey Thu 31-Mar-16 08:23:10

Am crapping myself. When I took car insurance out in Aug 15 I had XYZ job. A few weeks ago I reversed into someone's car in a car park pretty badly, it was clearly all my fault, I admitted liability straight away and I reported it to my insurers. As part of routine questions they ask me to confirm my job, and I say ABC which is a completely different industry, as in Sept I went and got new job. I have been completely honest throughout. Didn't update insurance as didn't think of it at all.

Now insurance co is following this up and I'm terrified that they're going to say that as I didn't notify them about change of job at the time then I won't be covered, which makes me personally liable for the damage to my and other persons car as I wouldn't have been insured. I'm currently 18 weeks pregnant and have just been made redundant from work, so could really do without this hassle and worry. I have been driving for 20 years and this is the first time something like this accident has happened which is my fault.

AIBU to be crapping myself? Could they really say that I'm uninsured and make me pay?

littlejo67 Fri 01-Apr-16 16:09:57

I have changed my employment and have never thought to inform my car insurance provider. I am sure it will be fine. As long as you have always paid the policy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now