Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Delayed direct debits - Santander/easter

(3 Posts)
twolittleboysonetiredmum Thu 31-Mar-16 06:38:45

Has anyone else not had direct debits go out as normal from their Santander account since the bank holiday? All ours - mortgage, bills etc - come out on the 28th normally. This fell on the bank hol so I figured they'd come out on Tuesday. But they haven't, nothing has. I'm a bit worried that we're defaulting on our mortgage or something?! Or will they be held up somewhere due to lots of delayed debits from everyone and the companies we haven't paid know this?

19lottie82 Thu 31-Mar-16 07:33:16

Not DDs but I haven't had rent payments from either of my tenants which were due on the 30th. They've never been late before and it seems odd both are late, so I'm guessing it's something to do with the banks?

twolittleboysonetiredmum Thu 31-Mar-16 09:29:58

It's really strange and never happened before. What's different this time I wonder?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now