Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

What to do ?

(5 Posts)
unpackyoursuitcase Sun 27-Mar-16 10:38:36

I. Am a supply teacher, will have no wages for next two weeks, husband normally pays £600 into joint account for most dd s. Last three months I have managed to earn enough to transfer money to cover this. He is receiving minimum sick pay since January. I don't have enough to cover the bills and we need money to live on. Who do I contact first ?

Babyroobs Sun 27-Mar-16 14:19:31

If it is your mortgage that you are struggling to cover and you cannot borrow then I would contact the mortgage company and explain the situation or if it is rent then contact your landlord. If you are asking what benefits you may be entitled to whilst your household income is reduced then you could see if you are able to claim any child tax credits ( assuming you have kids) or working tax creidts or housing benefit ( if you pay rent) . However these benefits are not payable instantaneously, they can take weeks , sometimes months to sort out so if you are looking for help to tide you over for the next few weeks, these will not help. Can you ask family r friwnds for a loan or do you have a credit card you could use for food etc in the meantime?

unpackyoursuitcase Sun 27-Mar-16 18:13:14

Can pay mortgage but not all bills, if I get work first week back after easter then will be another week before I get paid.

19lottie82 Sun 27-Mar-16 20:25:03

Can you take a mortgage payment holiday?

19lottie82 Sun 27-Mar-16 20:25:28


Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now