Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

How to Find an IFA You Trust

(6 Posts)
stumblymonkey Tue 22-Mar-16 17:31:19

Dearest Fellow Vipers,

I think I need to find myself an independent financial adviser. I need some advice on specific topics now but I'm really looking for someone I can trust as my finance 'person' for the long haul....however I'm a little hmm about IFA's as unfortunately the few I've met have been very 'salesy' with more than a touch of the 'second car salesperson' about them.

I want to find someone who will give me the best advice even if that is 'do nothing' which means no commission for them.

Is this possible? How do I find such a person?

Any recommendations in the Surrey/Hampshire/London area?

My specific initial advice wanted is around:

- Frozen ex-employer pensions: whether to keep them or transfer them
- Setting up a new private pension
- Investment planning (small scale)

SarahUnderwood Tue 22-Mar-16 23:21:41

I used an amazing guy, very unsalesy and I had massive doubts before too. Is in London but keenly priced. Trouble is I can't remember his name. Might have in my address book.

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Tue 22-Mar-16 23:24:58

I'll pm you, I'm Surrey/Hampshire borders and am happy with mine for similar work.

SarahUnderwood Tue 22-Mar-16 23:25:09

Got it. Ru Dalton. Really genuine guy and never made me feel pressured to sign up to more time with him. Pretty sure I didn't pay for the consultation at the beginning either. Are you on linkedin, as you can find him on there?

SarahUnderwood Tue 22-Mar-16 23:29:29

Ru's number is 07886 352160 (Mobile)
x

stumblymonkey Wed 23-Mar-16 11:27:15

Thanks both...that's great!

I will follow up with them smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now