Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

How to stop DDs for someone in hospital?

(4 Posts)
Karcheer Fri 18-Mar-16 22:05:01

can someone advice me on this please...

my cousin is very ill in hospital (she might not leave). My dad has been asked to sort her finances. She has direct debits coming out of her bank acc which She wants stopped. She can't get to the bank and my dad tried to get them stopped but the bank wouldn't let him nor would they tell him how to do this.
Does anyone know how to do this?
Does my dad need a letter from the hospital for example to give to the bank?

ImperialBlether Fri 18-Mar-16 22:12:25

He needs to have a power of attorney, I think.

Does she bank online? It might be a good idea, if so, if he logged onto her account when he is with her.

Why does she want the direct debits stopped? Won't they be paying her bills while she's in hospital?

Mossend Fri 18-Mar-16 22:15:06

Does she have online banking? She could cancel them that way or by using telephoning banking.
Both of these ways saves someone having to contact each individual company.

Karcheer Fri 18-Mar-16 22:18:43

thank you I'll look at that.

I've no idea. I guess you focus on weird things when you're very sick, I know one is sky tv, guess she thinks she won't need it anymore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now