Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Larger than normal tax credits payment

(2 Posts)
alltouchedout Wed 16-Mar-16 16:02:52

I got a tax credits payment today- it's the normal day, but about £40 more than normal.Why would this be? I haven't informed them of an income change/ childcare change/ any change at all come to that! I've tried to see what's going on via the online service but once I'd registered I had a message that said "you cannot use this service" (increasing my worry). And I tried calling, but got cut off after 20 minutes on hold and won't have a chance to call back for hours.

I am being concentrixed for childcare (they sent my documents back two weeks ago so I am expecting a letter from them soon...ish) but don't see why this would mean a larger payment than normal. UNLESS they have decided I worked it out all wrong and are not paying me anything else until next year now?

Argh! Has anyone else had a strange payment amount this week?

Mummyoftwo91 Wed 16-Mar-16 17:45:45

I got paid today instead of tomorrow but apparently that's due to st Patrick's day being an Irish bank holiday, I known u can get extra at this time of year due to it being the end of the financial year so could be that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now