Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Switching to a new deal with Halifax

(4 Posts)
Scotmum83 Thu 03-Mar-16 13:16:17

We are coming to the end of our 2 year fix and are hoping to get a better rate with our current lender Halifax so we can avoid remortgaging with another company. My broker mentioned he would look at Halifax rates first before going elsewhere so I just wanted to know if anyone has done this recently and what rates you were offered. Did the broker get you a better rate than you could get going direct?? Also is it best to take 2 or 5 year fix, I know interest rates will start rising soon. It's for LTV 85% thanks

TreTops Thu 03-Mar-16 16:41:16

We switched to a new deal with Halifax last year if you go online and put in mortgage account number it will give you the rates for a short fix and longer fix. I don't know if this will be the best rate you'll get with them but it was really easy to switch this way, literally a couple of clicks and then forms to sign sent out.

Scotmum83 Thu 03-Mar-16 17:55:06

Thanks tretops I've checked those out. Looks like if we go direct we could get 2.79% if we go direct. I'm hoping that the broker can do better.

EarSlaps Sat 05-Mar-16 11:14:40

We looked at remortgaging with Halifax as we were on a staff deal with them and dh was moving jobs. Their deals for switching were way worse than for new customers so it put me right off them.

We went with nationwide as we've been very happy customers there for current accounts. Not the cheapest deals but low fees on a flex account deal and they don't shaft existing customers when they want to remortgage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now