Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

eBay third party selling

(8 Posts)
Rainatnight Tue 23-Feb-16 12:11:07

Has anyone used a third party eBay seller, and if so, what did you think?

I have SO much that I could sell, and it seems like a waste to have it all just sitting there (I also desperately need to declutter). At the same time, I'm pretty busy and though I keep meaning to, it's looking like I'm never going to get round to listing stuff myself.

So it seems like a good compromise, but is it worth it?

cozietoesie Tue 23-Feb-16 13:41:19

You would really have to let them have the items - photographs, visiting, questions, shipping etc - and would have to pay them a fair proportion of any proceeds. (40%?) You might also have issues with unsold items and decision making on terms and sales (eg accepting Best Offers.)

I'd say that it's a lot easier to do it yourself even if you only start small. Have you listed anything recently?

specialsubject Tue 23-Feb-16 16:03:27

If you've got a lot of stuff, consider a car boot - the season starts soon. Don't do this for anything valuable but it could well shift a lot.

also bite the bullet and work out what really isn't worth the effort and needs to go to charity or the tip.

19lottie82 Tue 23-Feb-16 16:47:23

Not really. If you're like most people the majority of your odds and ends will fetch pennies on eBay, especially after eBay, PayPal and 3rd party fees. Chuck away most of it or give to a charity shop, and put the higher ticket items on gumtree.

Rainatnight Thu 03-Mar-16 11:21:42

Thanks all! I've made a start myself. Will see how it goes. Much easier to list things than I thought.

Car boot is another good idea.

cozietoesie Thu 03-Mar-16 13:42:40

It's not too bad is it? If you're listing from a device which supports it, you could also consider using a selling tool such as ebay's own Turbolister which is free. The advantage there is that you're listing offline so you can dip in and out of a listing as time permits until such time as you load it up. Might be worth a try for the odd one.

Rainatnight Thu 03-Mar-16 19:25:55

Good tip, I'll check it out thanks. Made £80 today, more auctions ending tomorrow smile

TalkinPeace Thu 03-Mar-16 19:52:19

ebay is addictive .... I started this name out on the ebay boards ten years ago

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now