Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

tax credits

(6 Posts)
SAIRn3 Tue 16-Feb-16 18:56:50

I'm not the main carer of my children
I pay csa
im on low income
can I claim tax credits

LineyReborn Tue 16-Feb-16 18:59:38

Yes, in theory. Depends on your age, wage, hours.

I googled it. Give it a go.

Lightbulbon Tue 16-Feb-16 19:01:20

You can't claim for kids if you're not the main carer

MissFlight Tue 16-Feb-16 19:05:22

You can't claim child's tax credits if you're not main carer or someone else is already claiming them, but I believe you can claim tax credits if you're single, don't work full time and on a low wage. At least try, the least they can do is decline.

SAIRn3 Wed 17-Feb-16 08:24:44

Thx guys

Babyroobs Wed 17-Feb-16 16:52:48

I think for a single person ( which is what you are counted as if the kids don't live with you) you could claim working tax credits if your income is below around £13k. I think you also need to be working at least 30 hours a week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now