Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

MLM BOT WATCH 7 - lighthearted chat and posts by Eyes about Younique, Forever Living, Ariix, It Works, NuSkin, Stella and dot and [insert name of new MLM from Utah here]

(997 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

lastuseraccount123 Thu 11-Feb-16 18:49:54

facebook.com/timelessvie
facebook.com/liestopper

@TimelessVie

timelessvie.wordpress.com

GO!

Melaw21 Thu 11-Feb-16 18:51:53

👋👋👋👋👋👋👋

lastuseraccount123 Thu 11-Feb-16 18:51:59

My parslai is better than you're sad garden parsley.

SoySauceAddict Thu 11-Feb-16 18:54:19

I'm so so fed up of being spammed on fb by these now. It's like a new level of desperation.

Melaw21 Thu 11-Feb-16 18:57:25

No #hun this woz totes my lunch today... No-one could #parslai the #princess way 💯💯🤑👊 I can coach u tho? Pm
Me.. XOXO babez

Mootpointer Thu 11-Feb-16 18:57:31

Thread 7!!!!!🙌🏼

Melaw21 Thu 11-Feb-16 18:59:05

Hi SOY agreed.... Its so unbearable isnt it? This is the only place to get some relief!

Mootpointer Thu 11-Feb-16 19:02:48

Bot watching ... Found this!
Patronising tone alert

Melaw21 Thu 11-Feb-16 19:05:16

Not mlm, but the one show are running a story about stock trading scams! Similar kind of #workfromhome opportunity bollocks... They mentioned 'the brit method' as a dodgy company... Along with some others. Lets keep another eye open for these popping up on the horizon bot watchers.... Does make me think they would probably run a story on mlms too though.

DollyTwat Thu 11-Feb-16 19:07:17

Can I make a request at the start of this shiney new thread?

Can we keep this one lighthearted?

Please grin

lastuseraccount123 Thu 11-Feb-16 19:11:36

I think a mixture is good - lots of sillness and some seriousness and some new info to be shared.

As always, welcome to all lurkers, ex-bots (we will support you), Forever Living lawyers etc. We could not do this without you.

Melaw21 Thu 11-Feb-16 19:16:45

winechocolate this is me tonight... #hunz Im sizzlin fo shizzle! C'mon teamiez, wipe off those brows, warm up a nice cup of parslai and pop ur pj's on #notworkifwearingpj's obvs, lets pull some crazy faces and repeat pointless motivational quotes together #woop #woop #suchfun

Melaw21 Thu 11-Feb-16 19:18:12

Hi #lawyerbots! You can join the shizzle too hunz! #pmme #askmehow

crazycatlady26 Thu 11-Feb-16 19:20:01

place marking. hi ladies, loving these threads, as a short term "bot" with FL I was sceptical from the start. so glad I've joined MN and found these threads. made me realise what a crock of shit FL was and gave me the push I needed to leave quickly!

Melaw21 Thu 11-Feb-16 19:23:37

Hi crazy 👋👋👋 its good to have u on team parslai, you will be an asset! Glad you got out with your sanity and bank balance relatively intact!

peaner Thu 11-Feb-16 19:28:07

I've just been invited to like a bot's FL page, it's "her name Ltd". I'm tempted to like it just to see how bad it is. Another bright woman with a good job - her mother won top 10 in Ireland or some shit. A quick look at the page (it's public) shows a few women sitting around her sitting room with their feet in cheap pound shop basins- this must be a "pamper night". I can think of nicer ways to spend an evening.

Melaw21 Thu 11-Feb-16 19:30:08

Wow peaner sounds totes amaze... You must be so gelly! 😉😉

RainOhJoyus Thu 11-Feb-16 19:46:52

Thanks last, agreed we need lots more pictures and posts of the sensible bots FB spamming

LeanneBattersby Thu 11-Feb-16 19:52:21

Not sure if this has been posted before. It's an ASA ruling on FL's claims about the nutrition in its products. It was upheld. There was also one last year that was not upheld and there have been several informally resolved complaints. It's always worth complaining to the ASA if adverts are misleading. I've found them to be very responsive.

As for barn-bot couple (thanks for the awesome analysis on thread 5 cubic), I've discovered I know their cleaner so I'm going to absolutely pump her for info next time I see her as, thankfully, she's known for being hideously indiscreet grin

throwingpebbles Thu 11-Feb-16 20:00:13

Two really trivial points, partly as a place market as I better go and do some actual work (in my pjs, natch)

- what's happened to the yellow suitcases? They always used to be showing off their yellow suitcases at "success" days...... Admiring their fake delight in the cases was one of my favourite pastimes
- I think we have established by now that illiteracy is one of the unfortunate side effects of aloe, but I am still rather amused at the constant references to Forever's "infamous" lip balm/gel /etc grin

cozietoesie Thu 11-Feb-16 20:04:13

Good grief. To be considered 'indiscreet' by comparison in a village, she would need to be a veritable babbling brook. I can hardly conceive of such a person. grin

Eyespying Thu 11-Feb-16 20:06:34

This article by Robert FitzPatrick was posted today.

www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2016/02/11/recruiting-candidates-for-the-business-of-selling-empty-promises/#13ce30d93742

throwingpebbles Thu 11-Feb-16 20:07:56

cozie grin

lastuseraccount123 Thu 11-Feb-16 20:13:10

timelessvie.wordpress.com/2016/02/11/a-brave-ex-bot-tells-all-first-in-a-series/

VIestars, we have a real ex-bot spilling all! Please check out our latest post smile and share if u r feeling brave

leanne we all love you madly and can't wait for the latest update.

Annie65 Thu 11-Feb-16 20:36:57

Checking in folks. Carry on ..........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now