Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

In Memory of All Those We Have Lost to MLMs

(76 Posts)
lastuseraccount123 Mon 08-Feb-16 17:12:03

in this thread, we light tealights, lay parslai wreaths or whatever to remember all those friends and family we have lost to MLMs.

lastuseraccount123 Mon 08-Feb-16 17:22:17

In memory of: EC, CS, and all other shills and who they used to be before they were sucked into an MLM

dreich Mon 08-Feb-16 17:55:18

I'm welling up here Last going to light my candle and will be right back. I've lost too many to these darn MLMs.

dreich Mon 08-Feb-16 17:58:23

Wise words indeed.

lastuseraccount123 Mon 08-Feb-16 18:34:10

i'm sorry dreich sad

here's hoping we can get some of them back??

darceybussell Mon 08-Feb-16 18:42:34

I think i might be about to lose my MIL, which could be nasty, I can do without being both an inadequate daughter in law AND a negative hater!

SuffolkNWhat Mon 08-Feb-16 18:46:26

To my former colleague, I hope you'll find your way back soon, please don't suck other former colleague into your JP cult, she can't afford it

lastuseraccount123 Mon 08-Feb-16 18:52:43

sad I'm sorry. Parslai points for both of you, to be spent on what imaginary shite you want

kamchatka23 Mon 08-Feb-16 18:52:51

I would like to light a candle to the memory of Barbeque Bot, spoiler of summer drinking occasions with your table of wares and guilt-tripping glances. I'm not sorry I didn't buy your snail slime/cactus drink, but I am mildly guilty that every time you went for a wee I moved around your products and made your table look untidy. Only mildly though...

lastuseraccount123 Mon 08-Feb-16 18:54:53

ha ha

sorry for the shitty summer drinking occasions spoiled by an MLM grin

Roseformeplease Mon 08-Feb-16 19:14:14

Lovely, lovely JM who was lost to the demon Juice and went down in a shower of bikini selfies.

To wise, athletic dancer PB who was lost under a thick layer of Younique make up.

May you come back one day.

BSintolerant Mon 08-Feb-16 19:29:49

How about organising an MLM Memorial Concert to raise funds to build a giant pyramid in memory of those lost to MLM schemes?

I've managed to persuade 10CC, St Vera’s School Choir, and 7 members of the Mindset Wind Trio to take part. (Don’t worry about the numbers: they’ll never add up.)

So far we’ve got:

I did it Amway [because God told me to!] F. Sinatra; arranged by Van Andel and deVos

A policeman’s lot is not a happy one [so I’ll threaten people with my truncheon until they sign up to my amazing business opportunity] Gilbert & Sullivan; arr. EC and CS

Smoke gets in my eyes [unless I use this amazing mascara. Wait, where I did I put that mirror – I can’t see through all this smoke.] Bryan Ferry, arr. by R Bonne

Monkey Business [It’s a monkey-see monkey-do business!] Skid Row, from their album Slave to the Grind, arr. AL

Diamonds are forever [until you realise it’s all a con] J Barry, arr by the Scambots

We all live in a yellow submarine [made out of recycled aloe juice containers] The Beetles, arr. by The Lurking Lawyers Skiffle Group

Fly like an eagle [but don’t shit on the bots’ cars because they’re white already and that would be a waste of perfectly good aloe] Jimmy Cliff arr. by the Car Plan Orchestra

A medley from Les Miserables, including:

I dreamed a dream [of a six figure salary]

Castle on a cloud [which isn’t really mine. I’m just renting it so everyone will think I’m the police dog’s bollocks.]

Look Down [on all those negative haters who will never be as rich as we'd like them to think we are.]

On my own [because I’ve got no real friends left since I joined this amazing opportunity]

Drink with me [as long as it’s not juice from you-know-where.]

Do you hear the people sing, singing the song of angry men? [It is the music of the ex-bots who will not be fooled again.]

How's it looking so far? wink

Melaw21 Mon 08-Feb-16 19:48:45

BS there is the makings of a great album
In there! Lol! 😂😂😂

Melaw21 Mon 08-Feb-16 19:50:13

We did have 'Aloe' from
Adele to consider of course?

Kanga59 Mon 08-Feb-16 19:52:10

Bravo on the song list. Bravo.

WonderousStories Mon 08-Feb-16 19:56:34

Just popping in to distribute some green shite... Have a bit of parslai

Melaw21 Mon 08-Feb-16 19:58:13

And whilst I am here, can everyone gather round and say a positive affirmation for my bot... A lovely soul, (blonde of course) with a sweet bubbly personality, who has turned into crazy face selfie bot everywhere she goes (mainly at weekends and evenings) now she has her new forever friends... I see her being consumed into the amoebic sea of generic mentors and global coaches, soon to be sporting ridiculous eyebrows and possibly a white range rover.... Sad times, I hope that one day, she will wake up before she has lost too much money and too many friends and come back to us once more... Although I fear Ariix may be next on the cards for her... sigh

BSintolerant Mon 08-Feb-16 19:58:51

grin Thank you - glad I'm making some people titter!

Melaw Of course - how could we forget Adele?

Keep them coming ... this could end up being a hell of a long song list!

patterkiller Mon 08-Feb-16 20:03:11

I recently lost a cousin, luckily I did manage those last few words before she went to tell her not to contact me from the other side. I hope we will meet again in happier times.

WonderousStories Mon 08-Feb-16 21:17:00

In loving memory of NS (aka barnbot) I miss your excitement about the barn conversion that never happened - what a shame.

You have been quiet for weeks - I am worried about you.

Please come back ....

WonderousStories Mon 08-Feb-16 21:59:25

I have just heard the sad news bereavementofficerbot is stepping off the forever gas. She is going to concentrate on her family ( the family we are lead to believe are always put first in forever land - don't forget it's only 5-10 hours a week folks) -lets hope she realizes they are more important than peddling shite

lastuseraccount123 Mon 08-Feb-16 22:19:56

really??!!

DameDancealot Mon 08-Feb-16 22:53:50

Is neals yard remedies a mlm thing as well. Have been invited to about 4 in the last 4 months

ambler21 Tue 09-Feb-16 14:38:04

An ode to my friend.

We would always meet to touch base and chat online,
now you touch your business and message upline.
You've always had an amazing skillset but
lately seem to only use mindset.
You were always there for me,
now it feels like you're theirs forever.
We used to share so much fun,
now you're a full on bot, a hun.
Always know, if the pyramid falls,
I will be here to take your calls.
There won't be any 'I told you so',
just a warm embrace, not based on aloe.

I miss you.

lastuseraccount123 Tue 09-Feb-16 17:08:18

lovely poem ambler.

in memory of a friend who just got sucked into Rodan + Fields, and who, like so many, is vulnerable with MH issues etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now