Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

how long for PayPal money to leave my bank?

(5 Posts)
Titsalinabumsquash Mon 08-Feb-16 13:58:37

Does anyone know this?

I made a large payment internationally on Friday via PayPal, the item I bought has been shipped and will land in the uk in the next few hours but the money hasn't left my bank or gone off my balance. I'm wanting it to go so I can know how much money we've got until payday! confused

19lottie82 Mon 08-Feb-16 15:44:32

Was it an e cheque? If so it can be up to 10 days until it reaches the sellers account. Not sure what that means in terms of leaving your account tho

Bearbehind Mon 08-Feb-16 15:44:32

If I pay from my bank account with Paypal it has the option of payment after delivery which is 2 weeks but I don't think that applies to international payments so it's likely to be 2 days.

Can't you just deduct this payment from the balance to work out what you've got until payday hmm

ddigital Mon 08-Feb-16 17:13:56

2 or 3 working days for Bank transfer to paypal by Direct Debit, if a debit card is tied to the account then it's instant and yes Pay after Delivery does not apply out of the UK.

Titsalinabumsquash Mon 08-Feb-16 17:28:03

Well yes I have been deducting but my maths is terrible and I have rather bad dyscalculia so it's easier to log onto the banking app and just glance at the balance and it be right rather than deducting several thousand at the exchange rate of the day it was paid.
I don't think it was an e cheque, the company sent me an invoice, I clicked pay and laid as I always do.
The account is linked to my bank account and my debit card.
Hopefully it will be gone by tomorrow.
Thanks for the help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now