Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

MLM-Bot Watch SIX - Juice+, Forever Living, Younique, Arbonne, newbie ARIIX, and our own Parslai-powered Timeless Vie

(968 Posts)
stopfaffing Sun 07-Feb-16 11:51:24

Here it is!

Thread 5

throwingpebbles Sun 07-Feb-16 11:55:45

And for ease of reference

www.facebook.com/timelessvie

throwingpebbles Sun 07-Feb-16 11:56:04

(Can someone else link to Wordpress etc please!)

Traged Sun 07-Feb-16 12:02:12

Could someone link to the previous threads, please?

Eyespying Sun 07-Feb-16 12:02:59

Just the fact there's been 1000 comments in just a few days, says plenty. Comments from several lurkers were amongst the most interesting and insightful. I wonder how many more lurkers are going to join the discussion on Thread 6?

throwingpebbles Sun 07-Feb-16 12:05:36

Yes, and if any lurkers don't feel comfortable to post they can pm a regular or message the timeless vie blog or Facebook page

rayofhope Sun 07-Feb-16 12:08:52

sminky following on from your previous post about Eric Worre, I was also told the phrase 'some will, some won't, so what, next!' but in the same breath don't forget to pop them in your diary to contact them again in 3-6 months. You're even told to get them to agree to that by saying things like......

I understand it's not for you but situations change, is it ok if I let you know how I'm getting on in a few months time? I'm on track to be earning £2000 per month by then etc etc Or something to that effect.

I never did this as never felt comfortable pestering people. If they said no, then I felt terrible approaching them again. Never thought of it a different way but by doing that you're also putting it out there that your committed to your business so you don't want to have to go back to them and tell them you 'failed' 6 months later.........

crazycatlady that's awful, it says more about them than you. Glad you escaped early on and didn't get into debt.

stopfaffing Sun 07-Feb-16 12:11:07

Sorry, had a phone call.

Here is thread 4

stopfaffing Sun 07-Feb-16 12:12:09

Timeless Vie web page

stopfaffing Sun 07-Feb-16 12:13:40

Thread 3

stopfaffing Sun 07-Feb-16 12:14:33

No it's not!

this is thread 3 grin

stopfaffing Sun 07-Feb-16 12:16:02

Thread 1

Thread 2

Puffthemagicfanjo Sun 07-Feb-16 12:16:29

That Worre quote is 😮

I can kind of see that sort of attitude in the way my bot talks to her 'prospects'. I also find it interesting that she has never attempted to prospect me, despite me never having said a word about what I think of the whole thing (I am good at staying under the radar). I think I generally come across as someone who is confident and content, which I suppose is why she hasn't bothered.

sminkypink Sun 07-Feb-16 12:18:28

rayofhope' yes, these network marketing coachings are all intended to teach victims who have slready been brainwashed into believing they can get rich from these scams, to deceive and trick others into these scams. With slighlty different methods to use depending on how difficult you think it will be to trick someone into the scam.
No wonder I've not found one single thing in them to help me in my real business! It's not business coaching it's deception coaching.
I'm not surprised that someone said that Go Pro had put them off network marketing. It's awful. Reading it as an outsider, a none brainwashed person, it's just awful.
I can just conclude from the tactics used that there is no point in engaging with these people as you just invite more of the same. Block them, don't answer the phone to them, just do not give them oxygen. Or they will never leave you alone.

Traged Sun 07-Feb-16 12:20:30

Thanks Stopfaffing. I think that lurkers and people who are thinking of leaving might want to read back at the invaluable links. If they have not been deleted retrospectively. smile

darceybussell Sun 07-Feb-16 12:26:23

timelessvie.wordpress.com

cozietoesie Sun 07-Feb-16 12:34:29

Thanks for this, stopfaffing.

JolseBaby Sun 07-Feb-16 12:48:50

About halfway through Merchants of Deception and feeling very sorry for that poor bloke and his family.

Eyespying Sun 07-Feb-16 12:49:01

sminkypink The most fanatical 'MLM' shill Bots exhibit exactly the same closed-logic mindset which has been described in 'religious' cults as 'heavenly deception'.

The idea being that, in 'MLM' cults, almost anything can become morally justifiable, because even when you are lying to people to recruit them, in the end, you will be helping them to achieve salvation. Even when shill Bots are cheating Bots and driving them to destitution, they still pretend moral and intellectual authority and keep insisting they are helping them.

There have been plenty cults with dangerously deluded adherents who have believed that in order to help save the world, it was first necessary to destroy it.

The notorious Jim Jones of the 'Peoples Temple' used regularly to sexually abuse his flock (men, women and children). Whilst he was in the act, he would keep repeating 'I am only doing this for your own good.'

CubicZirconiaBB Sun 07-Feb-16 13:10:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Norma27 Sun 07-Feb-16 13:10:11

One of my FLbots has been invited to a tropic party and was asking what it was. A few other bots replied saying it was skincare including her uplink. Her thread was then deleted. I wonder if she was warned not to partake in another mlm scheme?

I actually think she struggles with it all but pretends not to. To be fair to her, apart from one comment saying I could make money from it she hasn't bothered me much. I can definitely imagine her trying attraction marketing tho as she is always showing new holidays, new bags, new cars off on fb.

CubicZirconiaBB Sun 07-Feb-16 13:17:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Eyespying Sun 07-Feb-16 13:20:50

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

darceybussell Sun 07-Feb-16 13:51:26

Is this right? If you are in younique are you not supposed to tell people what you make? Keeps how few are actually making any money out of the public domain. Crafty.

Eyespying Sun 07-Feb-16 13:54:26

The rule about not having anything to do with other 'MLMs,' is one of the most revealing, and it has been common to all 'MLM' cults.

Consider that the 'Herbalife' racketeers now pretend that the overwhelming majority of their 'distributors' never expected to make any money, let alone achieve total financial freedom. They were really just 'discount customers'.

It's a pretty strange 'business' which obliges all of its cutomers only to buy from it, on pain of being banned. Indeed, such a control-freak of a 'business,' would drive a coach and horse through consumer and competition laws.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now