Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

jsa

(8 Posts)
bennyandthejets Thu 04-Feb-16 14:16:17

so i left my old job and need to claim jsa. if i apply now how long do they take to get back to you, and what else is involved in the process. smile

any info helpful, thankyou

annielostit Thu 04-Feb-16 15:04:00

www.gov.uk/jobseekers-allowance/overview
Here's the basics.

LIZS Thu 04-Feb-16 15:09:13

If you left voluntarily or contributed to your being given notice you may not be eligible immediately.

gamerchick Thu 04-Feb-16 15:12:38

It does depend on why you left your job for how long it takes.

pushingupthedaisies Thu 04-Feb-16 15:35:59

leaving due to stress just before xmas

StringTheory Thu 04-Feb-16 15:49:58

As you left on your own accord you will have to wait a few weeks before you can claim, however you may be close to the end of that period. If you go on the website and apply online you will get sent an appointment pretty quickly.

gamerchick Thu 04-Feb-16 15:52:58

It might take a while before you get any money if you quit but you'll get an adviser so hopefully find another job quickly. Good luck.

19lottie82 Thu 04-Feb-16 16:36:19

I think it's a 6 month (or up to 6 month) wait before you can claim if you left of your own accord. If you have a doctors line then that may help speed things along a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now