Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Just fond out husbands child support is going to be tripple this years amount next financial year

(8 Posts)
HeadSpace1 Wed 03-Feb-16 04:36:49

Just that really, we are already on a very tight budget week to week bills and debts left right and centre and I just don't know where the money is going to come from, Husband doesn't want to know or discuss it with me,

we have 3 kids (2 his)

Just venting really and after support as just not sure what to do to be honest.

HollyBollyBooBoo Wed 03-Feb-16 04:38:42

Why? What's changed and who's calculated the increase?!

HeadSpace1 Wed 03-Feb-16 04:42:59

his earnings went up from the last financial year and the law in our country changed as well and now our oldest daughter (not his bioDD but financially and emotionally supported by him) is not counted into the calculations anymore

winchester1 Wed 03-Feb-16 05:39:11

If you are now counted as a lone parent for your eldest are you entitled to any extra benefits for her? If its a loop hole in the law you've fallen into could you write to your MP to highlight your issue?

What country are you in and what's your budget like - if you'd like any advice on that side of things.

lunar1 Wed 03-Feb-16 05:50:37

Does the change n law affect a claim from your dd's dad?

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Wed 03-Feb-16 06:29:35

Is your dd working now?

HeadSpace1 Wed 03-Feb-16 07:46:57

my DD is 10, im in the same predicament as a lot of people in New Zealand the way they calculate the child support has changed, her dad is supposed to pay child support, (the minimum amount) but he's in Australia and he doesn't pay and they wont chase him up.

HeadSpace1 Wed 03-Feb-16 07:50:45

just wanted to vent to be honest, I don't have any choice really except find the money from somewhere, we live on a dairy farm 30mins from the nearest town and with the 9-3 roster there's no way I can get regular work as ne never works the same days a week

just another kick when we are already down, we always make by but im just sick of it, id imagined id be in a lot different place financially by the time im my age, if it wasn't for my DH's poor financial decisions when he was younger

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now