Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

help tax credits looks like theyve overpaid me

(3 Posts)
sheard Tue 02-Feb-16 18:22:53

I didnt realise i had to tell tax credits i was working part time until yest i thourght i did it at renewal looks like ive been alot overpaid does anyone know how they will recope the money we still ontitled to ctc please help any advice much needed tia

Pyjamaface Tue 02-Feb-16 18:26:25

If you are still entitled to tax credits then any overpayment will be recovered from your ongoing claim. They will reduce your payments until the debt is cleared.

If you are only entitled to a small amount this may mean your payments stop so check your new award notice

ineedamoreadultieradult Tue 02-Feb-16 18:26:43

We got overpaid by about £3000 due to them not updating my changed childcare amounts. They have advised they will reduce future payments to recoup the money but I don't know by how much as we are not getting anything until next renewal due to the overpayment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now